The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday January 8, 2006 at 23:36
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 1, 2006 at 11:36, tunesandmore said...
Another thing - Native Americans find your "joke"
offensive!

Sounds like they might.

So name two. Real ones. Who don't make their livings trying to get air time to say just this and only this.

This reminds me of the apparently small but LOUD group that wants to get rid of Indian-named teams and mascots, the general population who seem to be proud that their positive characteristics are (generally) being touted when Indian names are used, and the old Indian whom I saw on TV once, saying "they can start calling me a Native American when I stop calling myself an Indian."

While generalities are often a good way to understand the world, it is good to understand the complexity of the issue and see if perhaps the generality you are quoting is based on a wide swath of experience, or based on what someone with an agenda wants you to parrot.

For instance, do you REALLY think Jesse Jackson speaks for more than a handful of blacks? Remember -- if things get better for blacks, or if he admits that they have gotten better, he is out of a job!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse