The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday February 24, 2006 at 20:47
arielav
Long Time Member
September 2005
You are right that the LCD and Plsama TV's emit a lot of noise that can confuse an IR remote. Other problems might be the environment you have your equipment placed in.

Do you have mirrors in the room? Do you have bright colored walls. Do you have exposed glass. These can all cause the signal to bounce off the surface and repeat again and again and confuse the cable box. Some lighting can also cause problems like florecent lights and halogen lamps.

I install a lot of equipment in cabinets to hide the electronics for my clients. I use a plasma proof target eye. It plugs into an IR repeator system it is powered by a 12v power supply and emitters are pluged into the repator system. You attach the emitter onto the sensor on your components (cable box, other components) and the commands are repeated to the component you want to control.

I use Niles, Audioplex and Xantac. You might want to check out this website:

[Link: nilesaudio.com]

Niles has 2 prepackaged kits the emitter should be attached to the component (in your case the cable box) also included in the kit is a cover to mount over the emitter and will block out the IR sensor of the cable box so only the emitter is sending the signal to the cable box. You might need to reposition the the IR target depending on your enviroment. Keep in mind the section above regarding your environment.

Most of my work is in NYC appartments so a wired system works best for me instead of RF remotes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse