Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 4, 2006 at 16:06
yardbird
July 2005
Ok. Admitted newcomer to OTA HD. (last night!). I am trying to get a feel for how directional an antenna like the 4221 would be. I'm in Sanborn, NY (on top of the escarpment, not below it). Grand Island is roughly SSW (and real close) and Toronto is about NNW.

So my question is... using a 4-bay like the 4221, I have no doubts about picking up grand island, but would it get Toronto too? Off the backside? Or would you "aim' it at Toronto and ... well I know it'll get Grand Island anyways because I'm getting grand island VERY well now with a dipole from an old FM stereo receiver, a couple of alligator clips, some scotch tape and what is probably the incorrect matching transformer for such a cobbled together mouse trap (75ohm to 75ohm).

A reason for my question is this...
I don't want to get crazy with antennas (I've got 2 satellite dishes up there as it is!) and if an antenna like the 4221 is not going to get Toronto pretty reliably, then rather than stick the antenna up above the roof, I was wondering about just sticking it on the side of my house up by the peak... kinda like a painting :) hehe.
Panasonic TH42PX60U, Yamaha RX-V667, DirecTV HR24, Sony DVP-NC80V, URC MX-980, PSX-2

Hosting Services by ipHouse