The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday December 14, 2006 at 01:39
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 14, 2006 at 00:52, SDZD said...
Is this not the correct antenna to use?

It is the correct antenna but it won't pick up VHF worth a damn, as mentioned. DirecTV did not do their homework and know that at least one HD channel was on VHF. CBS is on channel 3, so there is just no chance that this antenna will work.

At some point, the FCC will be selling off all of the VHF channels (so I hear), so CBS will have to move to a different frequency at that time. Your challenge is to have no CBS until that happens or change to a VHF/UHF antenna. I live about thirty, maybe forty miles, from the transmitting towers up on a mountain in the Los Angeles area, and a smallish Radio Shack VHF/UHF antenna brings in enough signal to split it four ways! I paid around $30 for that antenna. You should go there and try one in that price range. You are definitely too close to use a large antenna. Large means more gain, and since you are so close, the signal might be so strong as to not work properly with your TV.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse