The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 29, 2004 at 18:17
Sprzout
Lurking Member
April 2004
Ok, so I just got a new TV...Bought a Samsung TXN3075WHF, which is a 30" widescreen with HDTV capability.

Now, I got it connected up to my DISH Network (I prefer their programming over Cox's programming in the area), but I'm also connecting up to my parents' cable connection for shits & giggles.

The manual in it states that I have a choice for the ANT/CATV connection, between STD, HRC, and IRC service. The direct quote from the manual says, "Note: STD, HRC, and IRC identify various types of cable TV systems. Contact your local cable company to identify the type of cable system that exists in your particular area."

I get all of the same cable tv channels on STD, HRC, and IRC settings; is there any difference between the three? (i.e. one type offers hi def broadcasts without a receiver box, etc)

Anyone know the difference with this? I'd rather not call Cox's customer service and try to figure it out, because odds are I'd get some poor sucker who's getting paid $10/hr to answer the phone and say, "Call your tv manufacturer. I don't care WHAT they say in the manual, we can't help."

Hosting Services by ipHouse