The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday September 1, 2007 at 00:28
maxxknight
Lurking Member
September 2007
I've heard a lot of people still have these old remotes... the hrmc-8 hughes direct tv remote ...I hope ne1 who is looking will find this thread...whatever unit...machine your trying to program...let's say a tv...hold down the tv button and mute together for bout 2 sec...if done corectly the tv button on the remote will remain lit...then keep pushing the channel up button...it is called code scanning...mi9ght take a bit but remain patient...keep hitting that channel up button till your tv turns off...this means you finially found it...then hold down that tv button...just in this example remeber...then it will no longer be lit...this scanning process will work with any appliance you are trying to program into it...it took mje about 20 min or so...I shoulda just a bought a new universal remote condiering all the words and numbers are worn off of the keys but I know where all the buttons are with out looking...hope this helps someone...i looked thru the net for 3hours before I found the instrution manual...and none of the codes worked for it...so if you have the same prob...scan

Hosting Services by ipHouse