The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Sunday January 20, 2008 at 01:12
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 18, 2008 at 22:53, tugger said...
I could use a diagram of this connection.

You don't need it. Your understanding, as shown by this post, is close to perfect.
In lieu of that
could you please confirm the connection path:
Cable TV from (in my case) directly from the cable outlet
on the wall to the line in on the vhs/vcr.

Yes. Gets you analog cable until they stop it.
vcr connects to hd tv via component cable or RCA jacks
via line out

Yes, except not VCR I've ever seen has component connections.
OTA antenna connects to the F connection on the HDTV or
does it connect to the line in or out on the VCR.

OTA antenna is an RF signal, while line in or out are baseband video. If you connect antenna to line in, or baseband video to antenna in, you'll get nothing or garbage.
Please confirm or correct the connection pathways.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

In general, resurrecting old threads is frowned on here, so if you have a new question, please start a new thread. If you hang out here for a while, you'll see new people suggest answers to problems that people stopped caring about years ago. Really. Your post was unusual in that it did resurrect an old thread but your issue was completely on point and you weren't trying to help someone else who quit 18 months ago to sell municipal bonds, you were asking for help now for yourself. Thanks for being relevant and welcome to the site. Oh, and if you hadn't been relevant, you probably would have been flamed. But welcome to the madness!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse