The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 92 made on Monday October 16, 2006 at 19:25
NFASTRO
Long Time Member
October 2006
I am new to the forum and to HDTV. I presently get HD broadcasts on my PC using an HDTV tuner card (I have a 21 inch wide screen monitor so I get true HD and its great when the signals are strong). These signals are picked up via a UHF amplified antenna.

I have been looking at getting an HDTV with built-in QAM tuner. Daniel has made a great list of available channels that can be picked up without a set-top box. Do any of these ever broadcast any HD programs? I think I read in an earlier post that none are HD. This means that a QAM tuner is kinda useless at this time. I have asked both CRTC and Rogers if they will ever broadcast HD clear channels but I didnt very good answers from them. I have heard about HDTV's starting to include a cable card slot but this will incur a subscription fee when they are supported.

In conclusion, does anywone get any HD programming at all today or does anyone know if any of the cable companies will start broadcasting HD in the future (at least for the locally available over the air signals).

Hosting Services by ipHouse