The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday October 7, 2006 at 10:12
thekochs
Long Time Member
September 2004
OK, here is my scenario. I have the new H20 (HD) and HR20 (HD DVR) in an electronics rack down in my home theater room. They serve many TVs in the house thru a crosspoint switch. All the rooms have IR pickups that go into a IR receiver and are spidered out to all my electronic equipment in this rack. (eg. HR20, H20, DVD player, Home TheaterPC, etc.). So, I need IR, not RF. Before I previously had a HR10-250 and Sony HD300 so the IR codes operating these units were different. Thus, when the remote IR command went out thru the IR pickups and broadcast to all the units in the rack only the one that understands the code responds.

The issue: with the HR20 and H20 it appears the only code each of them respond to is 00001. The problem is simple, when I hit a button on one remote both receivers change....ugh ! So, what I'm looking for is a IR code that only the HR20 or H20 understand...not the other. I only need one of them to understand a unique code since I can have the other set to 00001. So, is there a IR code that one accepts the other won't ?

Note: I have tried to program 00002, 00003, 00004 into the remote and neither of the receivers seem to respond. I talked to DTV Tech support and their "documentation" says only 00001 code is known for HR20 and H20. My remotes are RC24s.

Thanks !

Hosting Services by ipHouse