The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday November 7, 2008 at 11:17
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I wish I could remember whom I was talking with to tell you if this was knowledge or speculation, but the idea was that they'd keep the virtual numbering. In most cases it will be the same number as the Frequency Assignment. Since several stations have multiple channels on the same frequency, the .1, .2 etc will still be needed.

In my market, Los Angeles, all the High Band VHF channels will revert to those original Frequency Assignments at transition. Many UHF channels will switch to their original Frequency Assignments for their digital stations at transition. That leaves 2, 4, and 5, which are CBS, NBC and a local, to figure out what to do.

I just can't imagine that NBC4 is going to suddenly become NBC53 and let it go at that. They have more than fifty years of branding as 4. The same goes for the other two stations, and 5 is even older than the other two.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse