The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday November 13, 2008 at 21:48
rocket65
Long Time Member
February 2008
nhoel here is my insight regarding your reception to the best of my knowledge and from personal experience neither global or ctv are broadcasting in waterloo region on the digital band (6-1 13-1) tvfool has this listed for future undertaking ..currently ctv is broadcasting on 9-1 out of toronto as well global is at 65-1 . you are absolutely correct when you mentioned digital is line of sight. that is why you need to be facing the transmitter and the higher your elevation the better (Waterloo is at an elevation of 1030 above sea level ) this can aid in broadcast reception to a point ..of course however the downside is that Waterloo is also a fringe reception area which means that many signals are quite weak by the time they penetrate this market. I live in west waterloo in a ninth floor condominium unit facing east the only station that I'm able to nab daily without fail is cbc hd 5-1 all of the rest tend to be quite sporadic. I have posted my entire list earlier on. depending on your current elevation and your southerly direction you may be able to successfully capture burlington's cts 36-1 hamilton's chch 11-1 and toronto's cbc 5-1 as well due to the elevation and high power output perhaps even buffalo's cbs (wivb 4-1) and abc's (wkbw 7-1 and it's affiliate station rtn 11 7-2.. ) these two stations have high output power (790 kw) for cbs and close to (400 kw) for abc their transmitters are each at approximately 1400 feet of elevation. in closing you will find that if it's foggy out or rainy out count on poor to no reception.
Michael Robert Bennett

Hosting Services by ipHouse