The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday January 23, 2009 at 03:04
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 17, 2009 at 13:28, stampeder said...
The Gray Hoverman antenna is free as in beer and free
as in liberty. It is not for sale.

Damn! What state do you live in? Denial? I can't get beer for free anywhere here in California. It's good stuff, and the recipes are thousands of years old, and anyone can make it, but I'd bet that what is made at home varies quite a bit in quality and you can get decent beer, poor beer, or excellent beer, depending on what you want to pay.

Make this antenna like beer, as you say it is, and I'm all for it.

On January 22, 2009 at 19:41, ceeaton said...
Obviously you've never built anything for fun with one
of your kids...

Sure I have! But many things I've built for fun can also be bought commerically.
Me and my 10 yr old son built two of these,
the single bay version (SBGH) and a double bay version
(DBGH) which is currently on my roof, and is currently
blowing away the reception of an old deep fringe channel
master antenna...

What do you suggest I do to improve the situation for the ten clients of mine who want a better TV antenna? Build ten of them with my son? I would then sell them...and wouldn't that violate the licensing? If I understand the licensing properly, it is FORBIDDEN to make this available to the entire public by manufacturing it for sale to the public.

Yes? No?

Speaking of elitist, I see you are an "elite" member,
Ernie.

Yeah, that's pretty funny in this context. That's the site owner's polite classification of those about whom he could say "sure does talk a lot, doesn't he?" By your member name, today, it says "It's my first day!" which is usually interpreted as similar to "just fell off the turnip truck," a total naif who has no clue what's going on. You are not that, as I am not an elitist.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse