The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Thursday January 22, 2009 at 19:41
ceeaton
Lurking Member
January 2009
On January 19, 2009 at 00:52, Ernie Bornn-Gilman said...
I call this elitist in that the vast majority of television
viewers who would benefit from this antenna simply will
not be able to do so. It is either too expensive for
them, needing custom one-off construction, or beyond their
talents to construct. I agree,
Heck, I might!

But what about the other 99.99% of the OTA viewing population?
How is something being given back to society by this
being kept away from commercialization, and not even spoken
of openly by giving direct forum references?

Obviously you've never built anything for fun with one of your kids...Me and my 10 yr old son built two of these, the single bay version (SBGH) and a double bay version (DBGH) which is currently on my roof, and is currently blowing away the reception of an old deep fringe channel master antenna someone donated to me (I'm financially challenged). Ok, maybe the channel master was old, but it was in one piece and worked fine. You can build one of these for under $30, depending on how fancy you get. And now my son has his nose in tons of library books trying to find out everything he can about antennas. Nothing being given back to society there, eh?

Why don't you take some time and read some of the many threads about these antennas, they aren't redirecting people to the website for traffic, there are literally thousands of entries about this topic. They are trying to make free information available. I think it is refreshing that you can actually get something in this day and age for free, that actually does work better than anything you can buy commercially.

Speaking of elitist, I see you are an "elite" member, Ernie.

Craig

Hosting Services by ipHouse