The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday January 18, 2009 at 20:18
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I questioned the value of this antenna (oops, I almost said "product") because it seemed to be cloaked in a cloud of conspiracy. hd fan's point is right on.

If other forums want to keep member from mentioning competing forums, they are going down the wrong road. We are not here to compete with any other forum, but to be ourselves. If people like being here, great. If people don't, they don't have to stop by. If another forum thinks we are competing, their members will be deprived of very useful information about remote controls, A/V receivers, and other products that they don't even deal with. They impoverish their members by limiting them. This is communism at its best: share the poverty. Equally, of course! (Except with the leaders....)

IBM's approach with the PC was to make internal information available to the world. Apple's approach was to secretly guard everything. Which system is used by most people? Which has the most applications? ...How many Gray-Hoverman antennas will be made in the next year? Twenty?

I find this antenna of no value as it is not available as a product, yeah, that's right, mass-produced and -- guess what -- available to everyone! That also means value engineered, quality controlled, available to be shipped to someone who does not have the talent to make it or integrate it into their system. Hell, if I were afraid to go onto a roof, that alone would make this antenna useless to me! Now think of all the people who are buying converter boxes...since this antenna can't be bought for them, it has no value to them.

I do audio/video system installations and my clients can't afford to have me build these. They are therefore instantly out of the running as an item with value. They are worthless or, as with the forums mentioned, they are limited to those who wish to build them.

It's odd that those who
wish to give something back to society

have created an item that is inherently elitist, isn't it?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse