The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 169 made on Wednesday January 17, 2007 at 11:56
flaca823
Lurking Member
January 2007
I have a LC26Q1 lcd tv from Insignia, bought from BB sept 2004, I am on my third remote, the first 2 times best best guy went into the "back room" and brought me out a new remote which I took home and it worked fine, for a about 8 months each. Well, this 3rd remote has stopped working and now the model is discontinued, so the BB guy can't go in the back and get me a new one. From my experience, the remotes fail when I fall asleep with my cell phone close or next to the remote. It seems to short circuit them out somehow. Anyways, I have comcast cable 3 in one remote, which I have spent over 5 hours trying to have it learn the Insignia code, to no avail. I am going out to purchase a universal remote and would like to know if anyone who has this tv has found a compatable urc that they were able to get to work with certain model of Insignia tv? I would appreciate any help, because I am beyond annoyed at this tv and brand. FYI , the first time the remote broke, I called customer service and they told me to take it back to BB for a new one. 2nd time it broke, I called cust serv and a heavily accented man was rude and not helpful and said Insignia does not give out its remote control codes. I asked for his name and he said "Mr. Phillips" , I asked to talk to a supervisor, he said he was the supervisor. I asked where he was located and he told me "Argentina".
I know I made the mistake of buying this brand of tv, and I know this guy was giving me bs, but the tv itself is working fine. The remote is the problem. I need to buy the urc, so anyone please help me. Thanks in advance

Hosting Services by ipHouse