The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 154 made on Friday November 3, 2006 at 20:20
usapride2004
Lurking Member
November 2006
here's what I have found from the manufacturor...

Most Insignia TVs can be controlled using various brands of Universal Remote Controls (URC). To do this, the user needs to enter the correct code number into the Universal Remote. This code will be a different number for the various URCs. The owner's manual for the URC typically includes table and code listings for various TV brands and may include Insignia TVs as well. Use the code listed in the URC manual when available. For cases when the code is not listed, use the following guideline:

Look in the URC manual for the following 6 brands of TVs. For each, there will be one or more code numbers listed. In most cases, one or more of these codes will work
with the Insignia TV. The brands to look for in URC owner's manual are:

Sylvania, Zenith, Emerson, Memorex, Orion, Sansui

Some URCs, are also capable of "learning" new commands. For these learning URCs, the user can "teach" the command for each button of the Insignia TV to the URC by pointing the two remotes at each other and pressing the corresponding buttons. The exact procedure will depend on the specific remote used. The URC's owner's manual should explain the process.

also, I have COX and the URC for cox finally works for me, heses what i did:

Press TV
Press and hold setup button until TV button blinks twice
Press 9-9-1
press TV
Press Power
Press Chanel Up repeatedly until set turns off
Press Setup to lock in code

this is what COX told me to do, i tried it 3 times to no avail, I then tried it again a few minutes later, and it worked, so give it a few tries if it dosent work right away.

Hosting Services by ipHouse