Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Saturday February 4, 2006 at 00:28
betharl
Lurking Member
February 2006
Hello all:

I just bought an Insignia IS-TVHD30, it too was a display model sold without a remote. Best Buy replacement parts don't know anything about a remote for this TV, or in most cases, what the Insignia brand was! I couldn't find a remote to buy on the insignia-products web site. I didn't have any luck with the remotes prodvided by my cable company, nor with a GE 8 device universal I have.

I have researched this as much as I can, and know this particular TV is NOT made by Orion, or any other manufacturer menioned in this thread. It is made by XOCECO in China, but I couldn't find any relevant information on their web site, nor have I been able to contact them by email.

I have used all the codes for Mitsubishi, as someone suggested. At best, those codes get the tv to turn on/off. No other keys worked, exccept for the channel keys which did not switch channels, but instead, also turned the TV on/off.

I have Brighthouse (Time Warner) cable, and they tell me that (1) insignia is not on their manufacturer's list so they can't provide any codes to me and (2) they cannot install my high definition service without a remote for the TV.

Any thoughts?

Beth

Hosting Services by ipHouse