The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Sunday October 26, 2008 at 12:38
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
I am about to throw the hole motorised Dish set up in the Garbage bin!!!!!. Specially the Coolsat 6000 receiver!!! I was typing this was the 4th time I lost the channels and sat config due to receiver power off or standby but .... there was a 1 sec blackout in the neighborhood few minutes ago so make it the 5th!!!!!. I am suspecting it is the internal flash memory not holding the data anymore. Does anyone knows if this receivers have some kind of internal battery to hold the channel list and sat config or is it some kind of NVRAM like the usb flashdrives?

Dont get me wrong, once it is set up and running it is a charm and the USALS system it is so easy to set up also but it is no fun to scan the skies for 3 hours again to get everything possible. With my set up I am not having any problems with the 2 degree apart Sats. I am getting reliable signal from 121 , 123 and the new 125 birds. Of course the 2 PBS HD channels on the new AMC 21 (125W) I can not watch them since my receiver is only SD but PBS Create, V-Me and so on are fine.

My problem right now are 30W, 22W and 15W. I had to relocate the Dish (was on a tripod in the center of the patio) to a corner of the patio where there are trees now in frontof those east birds. BTW for 15W the USALS settings will not move the Dish with my Coolsat 6000 but if I use DiseqC 1.2 for that bird then it moves the Dish to that bird. A nice workaround for birds beyond the USALS receiver limit and close to the motor electronic limit.

And yes the Elevation scale on the Fortec 90cm Dish is defineately OFF!!!. but know that I know setting it up is a no brainer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse