The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Saturday October 18, 2008 at 17:25
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
my coolsat 6000 premium does not have USB but it has in the menu the option to use an RS-232 cable to update. The new Coolsat 6100 and the CW 700 has USB though, in my opinion no need to pay extra for USB connectivity.

I finally installed the motor today (HH90), and it is indeed the way to go for a full FTA experience. Using USALS with the coolsat 6000 was a no brainer. I just had to lock to the closest sat to my true south (79W AMC 5) and that is it. I even got a CNN feed this time and some College futbol games which look horrible due to a low bit rate. I guess the key to success was TO MAKE SURE THE POLE OR MAST WAS PLUMB. I have not tried my farthest east and west sats (30W and 123W) and I beleive I might loose som TPs on those if I get a lock because the pole it is not 100% plumb. For the final location I will make sure of that but at least around 79 so far I get all TP's for every SAT.

One question though, Some times when I do a blind scan it reports the TP as 11800 and sometimes as 11799 or 11801 , I wonder why?. Is it because it uses the strongest signal for 1 of the frecuencies and then reports that one as the center frecuency for that TP?. Well , I guess if it is a blind scan it has no idea of the actual TP distribution eh? , but it works ok and that is important. Blind scan is another most feature to have.

Hosting Services by ipHouse