The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Friday October 17, 2008 at 21:19
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
125 W? I thought you had a typo yesterday because 125 W is only C-band and I was under the impression you only had a Ku band set up. I can see now I was wrong. I guess you are getting interference on the C-Band , in my case it is an only Ku band set up with a 90 cm dish. 121 W is only Ku band linear polarization from Dish Network (20 000 SR).

The coolsat receiver also has all Sat LNB power on and now that you mention it I will turn them off tonight and probably that is why when I put it on standby it messes the channels and everything. Thanks for pointing that out.

I am watching those channels on a CRT based 27" Toshiba TV, and Digital FTA really shows the compresion artifacts that us, HDTV customers, are always complaining about to our TV providers !!!!. Beleive me , I had never seen so many and diverse compression artifacts before !!! and I have been watching digital TV either HD or SD OTA and via BEV or Cable for 3 years now !!!! ( I am using a 40" Samsung 71 series TV for HDTV) . BTW some of the Cuban TV channels (on Hispasat 1D) even show scrolling horizontal lines probably related to ground loops and of course generated at the source in Havana ,Cuba. I remember back in Cuba I though it was my outdoor antenna but I can see that even after the digital conversion to upstream to the SAT (Cuban tv still produces the NTSC using Analog Studio Cameras and Analog Video equipment, no Digital studio upgrades yet) you can still see those problems. Even the same show on a different channel has less vivid colors although you can even tell that difference here on DTV everytime there is a presidential debate being carried by several networks. Usually CBS has the best quality for me.

Final bitrate for every channels depends not only on the SR but also on the FEC and the amount of tv channels per TP (assuming they are not using Statistical multiplexing and it is a fixed bitrate per tv channel) . Also the digital modulation but almost all this FTA channels uses QPSK modulation otherwise our tuners would not be able tu tune them in( I found on Lyngsat 2 or 3 channels using 8PSK and also on the clear). It will be interesting to compare the same tv channel either from the FTA receiver with the one coming in my BEV system. BEV like Dish Network uses SR 20 000 but with a different FEC and the same QPSK and typically around 14 to 16 SD channels per TP.

The funny thing is that some of these FTA channels are actually intended to be used by the Cable and Satellite providers to download those channels and distribute them to their customers so at the end it does not matter the quality of final stream from your provider but the weakest link in the transport chain from the TV channel Master Control to your provider's Headend equipment. Of course no TV provider will probably tell you which method the use to get their channels but if you contact the tv channel itself they will tell you.

Right now I can not watch any channel from TP 11800 V, could be interference related the issue but yesterday I could watch them.

1ziggi1 thanks for the link.

Hosting Services by ipHouse