The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday October 10, 2008 at 22:37
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
finally!!!!. thanks to lyngsat.com I found out the problem. Oh men , this Lyngsat website is the Holly Bible for the FTA user!!!. apparently the blind scan does not necessarilly add new transponders (eventhough i have the CH/TP auto feature ON). So I decided to add the few missing TP's and did a manual TP scan and voilá!!!. now the channels are on the guide but I can not see them lol lol lol. BTW apparently the resolution of those HD channels by Bell are 1008 x 720 , not even the 1280 x 720 we get for free OTA!!!. This FTA receivers apparently only output DD via S/PDIF I mean they do not decode internally DD and then output audio via the RCA output. The BEV receiver on the contrary decodes DD internally and even using RCA you can listen to the DD track which defeats the DD purpose but caught my attention that I got no audio on the TV with some channels when selecting the DD available track.

As per Hispasat website apparently NA users need dishes between 80 cm to 1.5 m to get the signal. I will try tomorrow with a 65 cm Dish and a straight short RG-6 cable and see what happens. maybe I am lucky maybe not. should be a sunny day so it helps. But I am under the impression that for this FTA reception a 1m Dish might be needed in most scenarios.

Hosting Services by ipHouse