The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday October 10, 2008 at 20:06
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
can someone explain the difference between a blind scan and an auto scan with an FTA box? Apparently I am missing 1 transponder at least and probably more (only 25 out of 32 Ku possible) on the new Nimiq 4 satellite , 82W, that is live since 3 days ago as per other users but i have no idea what am I doing wrong. Everytime I factory default the FTA box it goes back to 25 TP for the 82 Nimiq 2 bird, since I know the new bird is active with 32 Ku TPs I tried a blind scan yet it is still missing HD channels like CBCHE (this is an SD FTA box (coolsat 6000) but it should at least and does indeed show the channel name on the EPG). Will I have to manually add those missing TPs or the blind scan should always find them FOR ANY SATTELITE?. Lyngsat is not listing anything yet for the new Nimiq 4 bird.

The true FTA testing will beging tomorrow when I set up a single Linear LNB Dish (no motor yet) in the patio . Hispasat 1D @ 30W will be my target(Spain Atlantic satellite). but I needed first to learn how the FTA box works so I ran into the less amount of problems possible. I already knew the BEV channel line up since I am a subs so it was easy for me to set up and realize if channels were missing or not. Despite that I had a hard time setting the proper switch configuration and still do not get how a few things work.

Hosting Services by ipHouse