The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday October 4, 2008 at 14:19
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
A correction to my previous post that will also answer your question Daniel. I installed everything yesterday but playing around today I just ran into a SD TV channel that was also broadcasting a second audio track in english that was AC-3 therefore Dolby Digital 2.0. In other words the CaptiveWorks 600S P receiver does indeed output DD through the S/PDIF optical conector. You just have to select the proper audio track by pressing the Audio red key in the remote. The Onkyo was showing DD 2.0 after that. nice!!!.

Daniel:

The 82W bird from Bell TV on channel (SID 829) has the Free HD Promo channel and the receiver can decode the audio track which being an HD channel is DD 5.1. the onkyo 605 receiver is showing and playing DD 5.1 accordingly. Eventhough this channel is still MPEG-2 Unscrambled (Free) this CW600 receiver being not an HD receiver can not decode the video stream properly. The other ,less than 5, Free channels on that bird are either radio or SD promo channels. I already have a 9242 HD PVR with Bell TV, that is why it is so easy for me to set up the Bell birds so easy.

I am in the process of spending more time and money in this hobby (untill I get a girlfriend I guess, lol lol lol ) therefore a full install with tripod & motor in the patio is due. Not too many Spanish speaking channels (I found on Lyngsat.com a few Univision US Affiliates) in the sky compared with other languages but at least my mother will not complain too much about the lack of spanish programming on Bell TV (only TLÑ en Español and mostly repeat shows even the famous Sabado Gigante from Univision is being broadcast 2 weeks old).

In terms of HD , the US Networks mostly is what you get as per lyngsat, but those in my case are coming fine via OTA from Buffalo and also on the Bell HD service, no need for double or triple spending on the same stuff . Spanish programming is my main drive (I obviuosly dislike Rogers lol lol) and after 6 years , the need for at least a hobby related to my Telecomm Eng background. I guess it will make being an immigrant in Canada less painfull lol lol lol.

Donnyjaguar: Any idea what the new Galaxy 19 (still moving west) will bring to the plate and the final position?

Hosting Services by ipHouse