The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,562 made on Wednesday April 9, 2008 at 15:05
Biggy
Long Time Member
April 2008
On April 9, 2008 at 11:08, RFMan07 said...
Biggy: I'd like to read up on this more. Can you provide
me some internet links for such information?

This would really be sad :(

Hi RFMano7,

Hi guys!

Please note there has been quite bit news coming out of CRTC lately and you will have to read between the lines to see who will benefit from the new proposed rulings. It’s not always clear who’s on whose side when it comes the general public.

I have included number of sites you can read different articles, an application for new OTA HDTV station across Canada unfortunately the CRTC has rejected it. Last year in Kamloops BC the CBC stop broadcasting OTA signal. CRTC decrease time restrictions on the number of commercials per hour networks can broadcast prime time. You can read about that as well.

As I see it now no one is really looking after our interest at this time. Basically it comes down to dollars and cents the networks “want to make more money” and who will have to pay for it? (Free OTA what we have had since the networks started broadcasting.) Cable and satellite companies are looking after their own interests they don’t want to the new rulings to cut into the profits and I guess in the end we will end up falling through cracks.

You will have to come to your own conclusions at this time. My only hope is that more people receive OTA signal, then they will recognize us as market and be forced to continue broadcasting OTA.

Who knows maybe the CRTC will let the big boys fight it out, but insist the networks broadcast OTA "free" for who ever can receive it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

Happy reading :-(

If you want more just to google CRTC OTA

[Link: cbc.ca]

[Link: saveourcbckamloops.ca]

[Link: engadgethd.com]

[Link: digitalhome.ca]

Hosting Services by ipHouse