The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 759 made on Monday October 9, 2006 at 02:23
Animelee
Long Time Member
October 2006
Something amazing just happened, and I owe it to my cat.

I have a longhaired cat, who in turn, creates a lot of dust. So I make it a habbit to clean out my computer's fans for dust every two or three weeks. Anyways, today, I decided to replace the wire at the back of the HDTV Wonder.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I am getting NBC loud and clear and practically any spot at a nice 66 to 74%, it depends what angle it is.

And my other channels, OH MAN. 7-1 (ABC) is coming in at 74% to 81%, 23 (CBS and TheCW) are coming in at a nice 85%, and the copy of that signal, 4 (4-1 to 4-3) is coming in at 66% to 71%. Even FOX, which I had to put on my bed to get before at 60%, is now coming in at 50% to 61% on top of my bookshelf, where I get all my other signals. o.o!

PBS is was always solid for me at around 66%, but now it's coming in at 73%, which is nice, but doesn't really make a difference from before, heh.

CBS has always been strong for me at around 85% to 88%, and it's just the same... kind of. Something odd kind of happened, and now it can dip to as low as 74% at times. Not that it skips or anything, but it's kind of odd that it didn't at least stay the same.

RadioCanada has gotten stronger -- from 64% to 71%.

CityTV, SunTV, and CTV are all about the same, at about 48% to 60%.

I can actually get a little bit of TBN now too, but who cares about that, LOL.

Still cannot pick up MyTV Buffalo at all, but the only good show on that network is The Simpsons at 7 PM, anyways.

Anyways, I just posted this to let people with the HDTV Wonder know: Never use that piece-of-crap cable that comes with the HDTV Wonder. I'm using the one that came with my ZHDTV1 indoor antenna to connect the HDTV Wonder to my 25db pre-amp, and then a $6 10-foot wire to connect the pre-amp to my antenna, which is on top of my bookshelf.

Thanks for all the advice I received, by the way. :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse