Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 97 made on Wednesday February 9, 2005 at 19:47
ontariocraig
Long Time Member
September 2004
Bruce:

Another thing you can try, something which I've often found to be useful (before I found this site - Thankyou Daniel !!) - Is to send a friendly email to your local stations. I've found CBC and Global in Toronto very helpful in this regard, thought it usually takes a few days to get a response, while they pass it around and find the relevant engineers. I'm sure they'll be happy to hear from you and answer any questions you have, as it gives them some idea of public interest levels too.

Are the Rochester stations a possibility in Peterborough ? - I know when I was playing around / erecting my Antenna last summer, I manged to pull in some Rochester dtv stations from here in Ajax, which is about the same distance in a straight line. Could have been a good weather fluke though, I didn't spend too much time on it, as I was concentrating on Buffalo, which is where my Antenna has pointed to ever since. I get Toronto stations too.

Can you pick up the Rochester analog stations there ? If so you may be able to pick up the rochester digital stations, if any of them are at full power. check out http://www.rochesterhdtv.com for info. Just an idea, maybe nothing, but worth a look.

On 02/09/05 18:49 ET, Daniel Tonks said...
I have found that the FCC's database for Canadian
stations is often inaccurate or out of date. For
instance, they still show CBLFT on 20 (actually
24) and CBLT on 64 (actually 20). They show City
at 900w (now 1200w) and the still-to-come CFTO-DT
at 550kw when the application was only for 17.4KW.

As far as I can find out from the CRTC, there
is no application for CHEX-DT. HOWEVER, it's possible
CHEX-DT has been assigned channel 34 if and when
they decide to go digital.

Hosting Services by ipHouse