The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 84 made on Saturday February 5, 2005 at 18:23
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
WGRZ: From 8PM to 10PM last night I was getting a digital light and good signal strength, but the receiver couldn't seem to find anything to decode - black screen, the "digital audio" light flickered a bit, and the unit was REALLY sluggish to commands. Had to switch from watching MI and taping Numb3rs to the reverse. :-)

I know NBC was working a day or two ago. And that earlier in the week it was causing my receiver to constantly crash and reboot (and then lock up again after rebooting - has never done that before). When I tried somewhere during the 10PM hour I don't think the digital light was locking on.

Last night wasn't a stellar night for HDTV in Buffalo... Fox forgot to switch back to HD about 40 minutes into Jonny Zero (somewhat concerning since immediatly after this occured they advertised that this program and the Superbowl were available for free in HDTV off-the-air - we can only hope). CBS had plenty of encoding issues last night (many frame blips), and ABC is still non-existant for me - like they've gone from half to quarter power.

Hosting Services by ipHouse