Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday July 11, 1999 at 13:17
Tim Kriebel
Historic Forum Post
I just installed the IR 543 IR to X10 controller and a bunch of lamp modules. The IR 543 is plugged into a receptacle behind the RPTV (directly), and it will control (through IR commands from my Pronto remote)all the lamp modules in my "Great Room". I installed more lamp modules in three bedrooms (no farther than 30 feet from the Great Room), and I can't control them at all. I thought it was a phase problem until I installed a transceiver (which came with the IBM Home Director Kit) in one of the bedrooms. Then using the 6 in one remote that came with it I can control all of the lights in all of the rooms from my Great Room.

What it seems to me is that the IR 543 X10 signal isn't strong enough to reach the other modules, yet the transceiver unit has sufficient signal.

Question??? Am I correct here, or is there a way to boost the signal out of the IR 543 so it is strong enough to control the other lights?

I know I could control them all with the IBM remote, but that defeats the purpose of the Pronto.

Help anyone???

Tim Kriebel

Hosting Services by ipHouse