The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday February 16, 2007 at 14:48
tjlmbklr
Long Time Member
July 2005
don't mean to thread hijack, but my question directly related to this DVDplayer (actually the CX985V)

DVD player sound; fiber optic or digital coax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had sound issues since the day I received it. I thought at one time it was AV receiver related, am now convinced it's the DVD player. ( have had 3 receiver since) the issue I am having is every know and then I will turn my whole system on, and I will not get sound from my DVD player. I know that it is the fault because I get no light in the fiber optic cable when I unplug it from the receiver. I have an extended warranty on this player and called for service. They told me they send a empty box and I would have to send the unit out for repair. With about 200 disc already in specific slots (macroed remote) I wasn't about to take them all out to send the DVD player to be fixed. And somehow I think it would come back still with the issue, only because I bought it from Sony refurbished. The issue isn't all the time and the sound will eventually come on, so for now I will have to live with it.

So my long winded question is, how would digital coax compare for sound? I ask because hopefully the issue is only through fiber optic.

If the fiber optic is my best bet then I might as well ask; how good it the HDMI up-scaling model of this same player DVP-CX995V? I have a upscaling Pioneer Elite VSX 82TSX and I wonder if this does a better job of scaling my DVDs as is.

TJ
I love technology! I just need to figure out how to use it. Keeping up with it's growing rate is hard enough!

Hosting Services by ipHouse