Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday July 1, 2001 at 10:37
Todd
Historic Forum Post
I've got 3 switches controlling some can lights in the living room. I believe the configuration goes like this: breaker box--->1st switch--->2nd switch--->lights--->3rd switch. I've searched this forum, looked at Larry's diagrams (which have been very helpful doing my other switches), and read sundry other articles, but am stumped on this one.

The 3rd switch box is a single gang with only 1 blk, whi, and red. I'm resolved to using just an ordinary switch there if it'll work with the master and slave I've got for the other two switch boxes. The 2nd switch box has 2 blks, 2 reds, 2 whi. In there the 2 blks and 2 reds were connected to the original switch, and the 2 whi's joined together with a wire nut. Now the 1st switch box is a dandy. In this 3-gang box is the switch in question, along with a switch for a ceiling fan, and a switch for the ceiling fan light. Instead of trying to type out how it goes, I'm posting a diagram (sorry it's not near as neat & pretty as Larry's) at
I used blue for the white wires, and the orang blobs are wire nuts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I worked on this about 5 hours last night with no luck. At one point I did have it to where you could turn the lights on and off at the master switch, but you had to hold th switch in until the lights reached 100% on and 100% off.

Hosting Services by ipHouse