Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday April 29, 2001 at 23:06
Larry in TN
Historic Forum Post
Take a look at the schematic at [Link: ourworld.compuserve.com] just to verify that the wiring is correct. It's the last example on the page.

Have you programmed a KeyPadLinc (KPL) before? The procedure can be a bit confusing at first. If programming isn't working it can be due to one of (at least) four reasons:

1. You aren't programming it correctly

2. Your programming commands are not reaching the KPL

3. Other X10 commands are interfering with your programming attempts

4. The KPL could be faulty

Let's address each one separately:

1. Can you get the KPL into the programming mode? Can you select the key you want to program? Can you toggle the key between modes?

2. Try programming from on outlet that's on the same circuit as the KPL. Try unplugging any likely noise generating devices (TVs, computers, UPS', etc.) and try programming again. Try moving the KPL to a different, temporary location for programming. If that's succefful you can move it back and it'll retain the programming.

3. If you have any kind of programmed controller (JDS Timecommand, Ocelot, HomeDirector, etc.) make sure it's off-line before attempting to program the KPL. Your programming commands may trigger events which will interfere with your programming.

4. If nothing works, have Bill replace it.

I had some trouble programming one of my three KPL's and it turned out to be a location-specific noise problem. I ended up moving the KPL for programming then returning it to it's permanant location. I'll need to address the noise issue as a more permanant sollution.

Hosting Services by ipHouse