The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday July 9, 2001 at 21:44
Larry in TN
Historic Forum Post
Dan,

There is no such thing as an "X10 IR command". The IR543 has a set of IR commands which *IT* associates with particular X10 commands but those IR commands are "IR543 IR commands" not "X10 IR commands". Likewise, the powermid's RF signals are specific to the powermid and will be ignored by other RF devices such as an RF -> X10 transceiver.

I think you still have a few of the common misconceptions regarding X10 and I'd suggest that you do a little more research before ording anymore products. A little extra time planning will help you avoid the expense and frustration associated with ordering the wrong products.

First, you need to build a solid X10 platform. Once you have established that platform, any transmitter on any circuit in your home will be able to reliably control any receiver on any circuit anywhere in your home. I'd suggest that you start by reading Bill's explaination of an X10 platform, at the following link, then come back and ask whatever questions that reading might generate.

[Link: homeautomationnet.com]

I'm currently working on an article on IR control of X10 systems but it's still got a ways to go before it's finished. You're welcome to look at it now, at the following URL, just remember that it's still a work in progress and some information is still missing. Once you read it I would be interested in any areas that you, as a relative newcomer, find confusing.

[Link: members.home.net]

Hosting Services by ipHouse