Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 10, 2001 at 22:40
cowsr4eating
Historic Forum Post
I just purchased an Ocelot, but it will not arrive for several weeks. I started writting my program for it, and have run into my first question.

I have an X-10 2-way lamp module (LM14A) that I use to control gate lights about 250ft from the house. The builder did not put in a switch, so I use X10 (In a weatherproof box) to turn the lights on/off, and the 2-way switch has provided excelent reliabiliy as they always turn on/off.

This module has the soft start and resume fade feature. With Active home, I set a macro to turn on the module as 20% at dusk, then 30 minutes later I set it to 50% and then 80% at 1 hr after dusk.

I understand how to use the Ocelot timers to determine 1800 and 3600 seconds, but with the resume fade feature, how can I have this module start up at 20% when the initial startup dim level is unknown?

It looks like with a typical X-10 brand light switch I would turn the device on and then issue the appropriate number of dims to reach the desired brightness. The PSC switches support preset dim, but the 2-way X10 lamp module is a totally different beast. When I turn it on, it will default to the last dim level, which is unknown to the program. How can I specify 20%, 50%, etc with this module?

Does anyone have one of these that they control with an Ocelot? Any tips would be appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse