The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 17, 2001 at 22:24
X-10/Remote Lost
Founding Member
November 2001
Altough I've researched X-10 products and feel that I have a fairly good understanding of how they work, I'm still unclear as to what components I need to accomplish my task.

Specifically, I want to fade my living room lamps off with the touch of a button on my remote. My remote is an Onkyo RC-392M learning remote with programable macro capabilities.

To accomplish my light fading task it appears that all I need is an IR543 Command Console and two X-10 lamp modules. Since the command console can dim and brighten the lamps and since my remote can learn the X-10 RC codes from a 6-in-1 X-10 remote that I found at Smarthome.com, I assume that I can program a macro in my Onkyo remote to fade the lamps to off when I hit the designated macro button. AM I CORRECT?

Or, do I have to use one of those Scene-Lighting Modules (which are primarily for light fading schemes? And, if I do have to use one of these $175 modules, do I still use the IR543 Console and the 6-in-1 reomte? Or, is there yet another way to accomplish my task and spend as little cash as possible?

I'm not sure if this is a simple question or not. However, any advice or solutions will be much appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse