Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 9, 2003 at 12:19
esmonde
Lurking Member
January 2003
Hi,
One of my X-10 Powermid transmitters spontaneously goes into transmit mode (the LED is permanently lit) and swamps other devices around the X-10 Receiver, making it impossible to send IR commands.

I have a few X-10 Powermid transmitters in different rooms and a Powermid receiver at my TV/video/Hi-Fi setup. For reasons I can't establish (and X-10 seem unable to help with) one of my transmitters will spontaneously go into transmit mode,and its red indicator LED stays on permanently. When I'm using my IR remotes in that room I can usually override this LED "stickiness" by using my TV/video remotes. Rubbing my finger on the plastic exterior of the Powermid X-10 will usually turn the LED off too!

However if this transmitter goes into "always on" mode I can't use my X-10 transmitters in my other rooms, since the rogue "always on" transmitter swamps the receiver and by extension the other devices near the receiver.

I've tried moving the problem transmitter to different locations but it always turns itself to LED-on mode within a short while. I've tried swapping it with my other transmitters but the problem remains.

Does anyone have any idea of the cause and maybe a solution? BTW I'm in Dublin, Ireland which is a 230v/50hz AC area.
Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse