The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday June 8, 2003 at 09:03
Bill E.
Founding Member
July 2001
The HAN01 should always be anyone’s LAST choice. It has very limited target market, that is those whose remote do not have X10 and can not learn. The reason is that the 27 commands are a total, and all commands are discrete. By this I mean A1 ON, A1 Off, A1 Bright and A1 Dim, are a total of 4 commands, so you end up using up 27 commands real quick. If you have scene products and multiple house code it's fine, but always chose the IR543 or IR543AH first. In general the IR543 is very reliable, we get about 1 in 100 returned for problems. Most of the time when a problem is reported unit location (temp/magnetic interference) signal coupling or noise is the real problem. I would take your chances on another IR543, odds are in your favor. As far as Ebay that price is below distributor cost (even in vast quantity) so they are making up for it on shipping problem is you then have to deal with X10 on warranty issues which can be a real treat. For a couple of bucks I would buy from an authorized dealer. But then again I am not impartial.

Bill
www.homeautomationnet.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse