The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday June 4, 2003 at 13:24
BEK
Long Time Member
March 2003
Thanks for the support equium. A few more days of experimenting have seemed to show that it is not simply a matter of sunlight, though things do seem to work significantly better at night. Some nights it just works great and other nights it is very flaky. Once a few commands get received correctly, things often seem to improve either somewhat or completely, but very often when I first sit down in the room all the commands I send via IR fail and I just keep trying and trying (sometimes for minutes) until it works.

I'd appreciate it if you could respond if your next IR543 unit solves your problems. And if other people have had IR543 problems which were all solved by getting a new IR543 unit, please reply as I'd like to know if the unit I have is as good as it's going to get or if I can (try to) do better with a replacement.

Are there more reliable IR --> x10 solutions available than the IR543? I assume the IR543AH is no more reliable in its IR reception since as I understand it that unit is just a modified IR543.

I intended my HT lighting (x10) setup to be mainly controlled via IR. Unfortunately, the flaky IR reception of my IR543 is threatening to make the system unusable.

BEK

Hosting Services by ipHouse