The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday June 2, 2003 at 22:12
BEK
Long Time Member
March 2003
I've had my IR543 for a few weeks now and it's become clear that it won't work during the day but works fine once the sun starts to set.

I read in a recent post on this forum that IR543 is known to be sensitive to sunlight (though I could find no reference to this fact except in the aforementioned post). This certainly seems to be true for me, or at least sunlight is my best guess to the problem, though I can't say I've scientifically ruled everything else out.

What seems strange to me is that all the rest of my components (TV, DVD, Receiver, etc...) do not seem to have any trouble with sunlight. Consider if you've ever had trouble using an IR remote on a TV in a room with windows (I certainly never have had trouble like this).

So I'm left wondering what is so different about the IR543's IR reception that a certain amount of ambiant sunlight (i.e., NOT direct sunlight) would cause it such problems. Anyone have any ideas? (and of course, solutions for this issue are extra welcome)

BEK

Some details about my IR543 experiences: Room w/ windows w/ southern exposure. I keep (wood) blinds down to shield light. During day, my IR remote (MX500) seems to send the signal correctly, causing IR543 LED to blink (twice) as usual, however the correct x10 signal does not seem to be sent. Pushing the IR543 buttons directly works fine, so the problem seems to be with the IR reception during the day. As the sun starts to set everything works again.

Hosting Services by ipHouse