The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 28, 2003 at 09:50
ds72
Long Time Member
December 2003
Greetings all! Could someone please suggest a simple solution for this situation?

(1) I'd like to replace my living/TV room dimmer switch with a X10 capable one so I can control the light from a universal remote control.
(2) I'd like to program the switch so that when I press PLAY on the remote, the light will slowly fade off; and of course when I press PAUSE/STOP, it will fade on to a pre-determine level.
(3) Of course, I must be able to manually control the light from the switch and from the remote (independent from the PLAY/PAUSE/STOP pre-programmed "macros")

I've been looking at the Home Theater Lighting Scene Starter Kit from Homeautomation.net; will this kit enable me to do the above?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Don
-------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to let you all know that I'm now X10-functional! PCS switch, IR543, and Kameleon 8--all integrated and working properly. Hometheater experience just went up another notch!

BIG thanks to all who helped in educating this newbie as he ventures into a new and exciting hobby!

p.s. I've seen the lamp and appliance modules but couldn't find a Beer module--you know, press PLAY on the remote, the movie starts, the lights dim, and the cold beer somehow travels from the fridge to the primary HT viewing position. I've tried to program the wife to bring the beer but apparently she doesn't "speak" X10.

This message was edited by ds72 on 01/10/04 10:16.

Hosting Services by ipHouse