The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday February 11, 2004 at 20:59
Deane Johnson
Founding Member
August 2001
I don't think the Ocelot will eliminate the need for scene capability. It simply transmits X-10 commands just as any other X-10 transmitter would. There needs to be something at the receiving end to react properly. Enter the scene capable switch.

I don't know what the budget constraints might be, but the neatest way to accomplish what you describe is with scene capable switches and the Ocelot in combination. You can program it something like this.

IF receive IR #3 (DVD Pause)
THEN transmit X-10 code c/3 (scene address)

If the DVD player is out of site of the remote you can add another THEN statement like this.

THEN transmit IR #3 (DVD Pause)

Once you get started with the Ocelot, the possibilities become endless.

I think there may have been some who have sort of accomplished what you want with an Ocelot by sending a series of short dim commands, but I think the results may be marginal, and possible difficult to repeat consistantly. I haven't ever tried it, but that's my sense.

I suspect I'm off the deep end here on what you wanted to get involved with, but wanted to offer the suggestion as to how it can be accomplished if you have an appetite for it.

I'm not familiar with the Harmony, perhaps it will, along with the IR543, accomplish what you want so long as you stick with scene ready switches. In this case, I would encourage you to consider PCS brand.

Hosting Services by ipHouse