Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday January 5, 2006 at 12:31
doorpro
Lurking Member
January 2006
Follow Up........

to anyone else who read about my first dealings with the Sony DVP-CX995V.

After a few days of dealing with this machine and treading very likely whenever picking up my remote control i have this to say.

Now that I have had a chance to play with the 400 disc exchanger I must admit to being quite a bit happier than before. Of course getting to know any machine such as this with so many features can be difficult at best but i kept at it.

I have realized that when first starting the machine there's nothing to do but wait. The disc exchanger is slow to respond at first and of course it wants to play a disc immediatley upon powering up and this is a feature that is hard to live with but i have learned to leave the player on and in the stopped possition, problem solved.

Learning to navigate around the many features is imperative and i must admit that it takes a while to get the hang of it and I have learned not to switch video from standard to Dynamic on the fly as the machine simply shuts down, yes turns off without warning.... Oh Sony...

Well thats about it, I still like the Sony DVP-CX995V but they should have taken more time to sort out a few of the weird problems before unloading this onto the market, it reminds me of Microsoft who always dump an unfinished product onto the unsuspecting public and then give us the service packs. Was Sony in a race? Was another company putting out a better Wheel?

All the best,
Doug.

Hosting Services by ipHouse