The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday April 22, 2005 at 23:28
joesam
Long Time Member
January 2005
This is entirely hearsay from my perspective - although I personally use Smarthome PLUS, and I'm very satisified - I've never had the need to "push it" past what it was designed to do....and I'm pretty sure it's NOT the "Best". Yes - it's advanced from a "multiple conditions" perspective...but how many conditions make sense when deciding to turn on a light or not? The sequnces feature of PLUS is cool...because you can bundle strings of commands, and repeat them within other strings....but again, this is typically lights we're talking about....how complicated does home lighting need to be really!

If you want remote access, email notification and other "zippy" add-ons...Smarthome is probably not your best solution. I've read (quite often) that Homeseer used with an 1132 series Smarthome device (if your PC runs 24x7) is a very flexible package...not cheap when you build it up - but very capable and expandable. Homeseer apparently has a very active user forum....which you should browse through it at length (if you haven't) to see if it's really the software you're after.

BTW - "Best" is a very subjective word!
joesam

Hosting Services by ipHouse