The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 26, 2005 at 14:30
joshg
Long Time Member
June 2003
(this didn't get any responses over on the Custom Installers board, so i'm trying here... hopefully someone can help?)

I've searched this forum and am very surprised that more people haven't tried to find a better way to control Hunter Douglas PowerRise shades.

The headrail has a 4-port connector which is used for the (optional) satellite IR eye... it would certainly seem that this could be used to directly (hardwired) trigger the motor to go up or down, just as the IR eye would do. Or if you can't hardwire a controller right to that port, at least connect that port via wires to an IR Connecting block if it uses a standard protocol??

Yet everyone who has discussed this product on this board seems to be having their home control system actually generate the right IR code and blast it towards the blinds somehow.

In my installation, there's no good way to blast IR towards the blinds... and while I could use emitters over the blinds' IR receivers, it would sure seem more reliable to go direct to the interface connector on the motor.

Has anyone tried this? or investigated what the IR receiver puts out when it "sees" a hunter-doglas "up" or "down" command?

Or has anyone else found another way to automate the PowerRise blinds?

Thanks in advance,

--Josh

Hosting Services by ipHouse