The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday November 8, 2005 at 09:51
Timbre
Long Time Member
June 2004
Ok. If I can then I would like to describe what I want to do and get suggestions as to what I need to buy to make it happen.

At this point I am planning on remodeling one of the rooms in my house for multiple purposes. The room is 20' x 45' and will have three distinct areas. On one end I plan on having my home theatre set up, but out of sight for most of the time. That area will also have the fireplace in the room. I will have wall sconces, can lights in the ceiling, and some accent lighting over the fireplace. I want to control this portion with the Pronto and be able to create different lighting scenes from the remote and also possibly from the switches on the wall.

The center section will contain the bar and that's about it. Can lights in the ceiling, wall sconces for accent, and accent lights over the bar.

The third area will be just a general purpose area. It can be used for whatever is going on at the moment. Again can lights in the ceiling and wall sconces.

The 2nd & 3rd areas don't necessarly need to be able to be controlled by the Pronto if that pushes the cost to high. Those areas can be on wall dimmers only.

If anyone can give me a basic shopping list on what I possibly need it would be great. I would possibly like to eventually automate more of the house in the future.

thanks in advance.

timbre

Hosting Services by ipHouse