Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday August 17, 2005 at 17:02
DingoAce10
Long Time Member
July 2003
Thanks for the info DrJoe!!
Actually since you mentioned the coupler I have looked into them...and was wondering if I need one??? I don't want to pay $70 and find out this will not fix my problem...

So here is my whole setup..
I had my father install a whole new wall outlet that is connected directly to the same line as all of my X10 switches.
I have a maxi controller plugged into that outlet, and it runs everything fine.
I also have a surge protector strip plugged into the outlet which has my TV and modem plugged into it.
When I plug the IR543 either into my surge protector or straight into the wall, it seems to send a "looping" signal(red light is constently on) to a couple of my switches...not all though...but doesn't work any of the switches

If I plug the IR543 into a totally different outlet(running on a different line) it seems that the it recieves the IR signal ok(red light flashes), but doesn't control the lights.

I do have a baby monitor on, but it is an RF signal so that shouldn't effect anything, right?

So my question is, since the IR543 doesn't seem to be looping in another outlet, would it fix the problem if I just bought a coupler and plugged the IR543 into a totally different outlet.

Or is there another solution?

Thanks very much for the help!
Dingo

Hosting Services by ipHouse