The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday April 17, 2007 at 20:59
Alesis
Long Time Member
September 2003
Hello, I've been able to make it work but it is quite complicated. You first need to login the system. After 3 minutes of inactivity, the panal will terminate the session so you need to relogin to regain access of the panel.

I've been able to control the system using a Xantech IRS232 (which convert any IR codes into rs-232 strings). The IRS232 will give you 36 possibiliy of control.

Another cheap way to do it is with the X10 IR543 device which converts IR to X10 protocol. You can then program the alarm panel to do an action when it receives a specific X10 code. That unit give you 32 control possibilities.

If you still want to use the RS232, you can either do it the hard way (the way I did it) or to use like other just told on this thread to use the PRO LINK protocol. With this protocol, it is also pretty simple to control the alarm by using messages. When it receives a specific message, do an action. The control possibilities varies on what model of alarm panel you have (LT, IIe, or PRO).

I can post here the basics of the OMNI LINK protocol but it is really complicated. But that way, you get no limit of programming your alarm panel. The strings also needs to be CRC16 checked (which I do not know how to calculate without having a small dos program to check the CRC and build the Omni-Link string afterall)

Good luck !

Last edited by Alesis on April 17, 2007 21:12.

Hosting Services by ipHouse