Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday October 2, 1999 at 02:10
David Hull
Historic Forum Post
For what it is worth, I thought that I would try an expeeriment. I have a spare set of 2 meter Monster Interlink 300 audio cables. These appear to be made from nothing more than what we commonly called shielded, twisted pair, "Microphone Cable" 25 years ago. It is good cable with good connectors but, despite the verbage on their package and web-site, I think it is just plain old wire.

Out of curiosity, I connected these in place of two of the component video feeds running between my SONY XBR 36" TV and my SONY 550 DVD player. The third feed was one section of the 1 meter Monster Video3 triple cable that I normaly use for this function. So I had one coaxial video cable (75 ohms) with a length of 1 meter and two (600 ohm ?) audio cables with a length of 2 meters. I tried all three combinations (connecting the shorter 75 ohm cable in all three possible places) and I saw no noticable picture degradation in any of the cases.

I think that the performance improvements promised by the higher end (and higher priced) interconnect products are over-rated. In interconnects I would look for quality of materials and construction rather than promised sonic and visual improvements that may or may not manifest themselves your particular set-up or with your particular viewing and listening material.

Hosting Services by ipHouse