Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 29, 1999 at 15:49
George
Historic Forum Post
Ok, I've got about $1000 to spend, and I would like to know what you all think about these two receivers... Sony STRDA555ES vs. Yamaha RXV995.

Please, please, do not respond to this thread with recommendations for any other receivers! I have pulled my hair out just narrowing my choices down to these 2 receivers, and I can't go through all the different brands again!! :)

So, with that said... which one should I buy? I have had experiences with both Sony and Yamaha, but now I want to re-evaluate these once again.

My first surround sound receiver was a toss up between the Sony STRDB925 and the Yamaha RXV795. I ended up buying the Sony and I was very disappointed with it. I traded it within 2 months for the Yamaha RXV795 and I was very happy. The Sony specs looked so much better, but when I got it home and hooked it up, it sounded weak. When I got the Yamaha home, it cranked!!

Now... I am ready to buy another receiver. Will the Sony be a disappointment again or should I stick with the Yamaha? The Sony looks like it may have more bells and whistles, but that's not really important if it cannot crank out the sound that I want out of my receiver.

Thanks in advance for any responses...

mailto:[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse