The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday December 10, 1999 at 04:56
Torsten
Historic Forum Post
Steven,
Mike helped you allready a lot I guess. When you whant to go for a projector, please notice the the best results will be realized only when it is more or less completly dark in your viewing room. So, installing a dimmer would be nice. The conectors are important. In my opinion a S-VHS, a chinch video in and a VGA is a must when you consider to use the projector with a PC to run DVD`s. (Surfing on the Internet or playing a PC game on a big screen is great). If you do not have a VGA in on your projector you could connect your PC via a TV out on a PC card. I am using a Davis 650 which is running fine, having a 8 feet screen and a viewing distance of 20 feet. The ansi lumen should be about 600. I have noticed during many demonstrations, that a higher ansi lumen does not mean that the picture would be more crisp or that the colors would be displayed better. A higher ansi lumen is recomendeble when you need a projector for presentations were you can not dimm the light down to a certain limit.
I hope I could help you
Torsten

Hosting Services by ipHouse