Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday December 31, 1999 at 22:08
Mitch S.
Historic Forum Post
Thanks for the responses, but I called Marantz, and they said that the reciever crossover is set at 100 Hz which is the Dolby standard. My Mains Are energy C6 models with base response rated down to 30 Hz though I'm sure the effective bass isn't that low.
I think when things are set to small for my mains, all bass below 100 Hz goes to the Sub, and the lower midrange I think suffers a bit as a sub is less tight than the main's bass.

As for my setup I am referring only to 2 channel stereo mode though I can and do use 5 ch. stereo too. The Marantz has an auto setting for surround. If in this mode and a 2 channel signal is sensed it will send music only to the mains and not the sub( when set to large). When set to small, it sends to both sub and mains but then I must deal with a crossover of 100 Hz which to me seems a tad high. I prefer about 70 Hz with my system. If I put my surround mode directly to 2 ch. stereo, output goes to the sub as well, regardless of the large or small setting, providing my sub is set to on. The help I am looking for is how to get the crossover to 70 Hz while still being able to use the auto mode. I don't think I can using simple preout from the receiver. Anyone know how I might?

By the way I also have a mode of source direct which bypasses all tone control and bass management and sounds really pure through my mains which beats auto mode, if i dont want to use my sub.

Thanls and Happy Millennium to all!

Hosting Services by ipHouse